|Start||Native American tribes (the Algonquin) flourish on Long Island.|
||European explorers arrive in the “New Land”, Henry Hudson arrives at Long Island in 1609. The Dutch settle the western end, while the British settle in the eastern regions.|
Colonial whaling industry begins
on the shores of Long Island in the area of Southampton. Soon after,
Brookhaven settlers would hunt and process whales of the shore of
Fireplace (now known as Brookhaven Hamlet).
||Brookhaven township is established by a small group of English settlers and the whaling industry promotes growth. “Old Town Road”, likely a native American trail, is created to move settlers from Setauket south through Coram and ends in FirePlace (now Brookhaven Hamlet) just to the west of the Mastic Salt Hay fields.|
||Richard Woodhull makes the first purchase of land on behalf of the town from local Native Americans. The purchase covers two necks of land on the Mastic Peninsula.|
||The "Old Purchase at South” was made from Tobaccos, a chief of the Unchechaug Indians, which included the western part of South Haven, Brookhaven and Bellport. This was purchased from the Indians for four coats and about $16 in cash, and the deed is still among the town papers at Brookhaven Town Hall. In addition to getting hay in this part of the town, men came here from the north side settlements to go whaling at an early date, as the oil could be used in their lamps and whalebone was a versatile material. –Thomas R Bayles|
||William "Tangier" Smith sets aside 175 acres of the land occupied by the
Unkechaug Indians on the west side of the Mastic (Forge) River at Poosepatuck
Creek to be theirs for the annual rent of two ears of corn. The Poosepatuck
Indian Reservation is still in existence today, however it has shrunk
to 55 acres due to unscrupulous land dealings by early officials. –by Van R. Field Illustrated History of Moriches Bay Area
William Henry Smith, 2nd eldest son, inherits The Manor of St. George
upon the death of William "Tangier" Smith. The Setauket estate known as
St. George Manor is inherited by his eldest son Colonel Henry Smith.
Manor House at St.
built for William Henry Smith. The original Patent was granted in
1693. The house would later be seized by the British during the
American Revolution. The British were defeated there in 1780 by Col.
Benjamin Talmadge. The Smith family returned to the Manor after the
war. The Manor in all its splendor still exists today as a museum and
is open for weekend tours between May and October.
Old South Haven Presbyterian Church is established and attended through
the years by area residents such as the Floyds, General Nathaniel
Woodhull, Judge William Smith and Colonel Josiah Smith. The church
would later be moved in 1960 to its current location at the corner of
South Country Road and Beaver Dam Road in Brookhaven.
||Richard Floyd ll purchases over 4400 acres of property from William Tangier Smith of the Manor of St. George. The property stretched six miles north from Moriches Bay and approximately one mile west from the Mastic or Forge River. It included use rights for the Great South Beach on what is now known as Fire Island. Richard Floyd II gave this property to his youngest son, Nicoll Floyd (1703-1755).|
||Famous Revolutionary Patriot
Nathaniel Woodhull is born at the first Richard Woodhull estate,
located between Hemlock and Daisy Drive on the south side of
Neighborhood Road (destroyed by fire April 5, 1784...Ken Spooner). A second home (pictured below) would be built by his wife at the corner of Corn Ct. and Washington Drive.
||Nicoll Floyd, Father of William
Floyd, moves onto the property and builds the first part of the estate,
also referred to as "The Old Mastic House". The original home was a two
story, six room shingled wood frame house. He developed the land into a
prosperous plantation, using both slave and free laborers to raise
grain, flax, sheep and cattle.
||William Floyd, delegate and signer of the Declaration of Independence, is born on December 17th in Brookhaven, NY.
of the first road through Mastic is complete and leads to the Manor of
St. George. This same road would later be used by Col. Benjamin
Talmadge during the raid on the Manor House and is currently refurred
to as the "Talmadge Trail". Part of this trail would become Smith Road
south through Shirley.
||On the death of Major William Henry Smith in 1743, his eldest surviving son, Judge William Smith, inherited the Mastic estate.|
||William Floyd inherits the Mastic Plantation at the young age of 20 from his father, Nicoll Floyd.
Floyd Mansion, known as "Pattersquas", and property consisting of
approximately 3000 acres is established. The property would later
become the estate of Dr. Roberts and eventually purchased by Dr. Frank Calabro Sr., then becoming the Bayview Hospital in
the late 1940's (see 1946).
||William Floyd, a member of the
Continental Congress, signs the Declaration of Independence on August
2nd, and will not be able to return to his estate for another 7 years.
The British seize his home and property after defeating the colonial
army during the Battle of Long Island.
||Richard Floyd (British Loyalist), relocates to New Brunswick, Canada in October as England lost the Revolutionary War.
Battle of Mastic, using
whale boat warfare. On November 21, 1780, Colonel Benjamin Tallmadge
and his dragoons, 80 strong, rowed across the Long Island Sound under
cover of darkness from Fairfield, Conneticut to Mt. Sinai, New York.
The next day they proceeded due south to the Mastic Peninsula, captured
and burned down the Manor of St. George, which the British had
turned into a fort. On their march back with captured soldiers,
Tallmadge stopped in Coram and ordered the burning of 300 tons of hay
which the British had been stockpiling for the winter. They then
returned to Connecticut.
Samuel Carmen Sr. purchases the mills along the lower Carmans River and later opened a store, tavern and Inn. Over the course of the next century, the Carman family became quite wealthy and influental, and , by the mid-1800s, owned much of the land on the west side of Carmans River. Sam Carman Jr. had 12 children; in the 1840s, one of them, Joseph Henry, was given about 30-acres that included Squassux Landing. -Marty Vanlith
||After suffering much damage from the British occupation, William Floyd returns to Mastic to rebuild his estate.
On May 3, Gen. George Washington presented the "Badge of Military Merit" (later to become the Purple Heart) to Sgt. Elijah Churchil of the Continental Army citing him for gallantry in action in November of 1780 at Fort St. George (Manor of St. George) in Mastic.
The original Woodhull Estate, believed to have been located between Hemlock and Daisy Drive in Mastic Beach, is destroyed by fire during the month of April. It would later be rebuilt by his widow Ruth Woodhull at the corner of Corn Ct. and Washington Drive in Mastic Beach and is the structure commonly pictured in Postcards like the one below. The second estate house was demolished in the 1930's. (see 1938 and 2013).
The Richard Floyd estate, known as Pattersquas, was conveyed by the Commission of Forfeited Estates to Benjamin Floyd, his brother, and then eventually winds up in the hands of William Tangier Smith, owner of the Manor of St. George.
||William Floyd elected to the First United States Congress (1789-1791).
||Dr. Daniel Robert who had
married into the Tangier Smith Family, moves into the Richard Floyd
Estate and begins running the Pattersquas property farm. In October
1779, Richard Floyd (British Loyalist), relocates to New Brunswick,
Canada, as England lost the Revolutionary War.
||Thomas Jefferson and James Madison, good friends of William Floyd, visit his estate.
||At age 63, William Floyd leaves
Long Island with his family to establish a new home in Westernville,
New York. Upon his death in 1821, he leaves the Mastic Property to his
son Nicoll Floyd, II.
||The Brookhaven Township is
divided into school districts for the various villages and hamlets
.....Thomas R. Bayles, History of Patchogue
||The Moriches Post Office was
established with James M. Fanning as postmaster. Originally located in
a hotel conducted by the Fannings, it would later be moved to the
country store of Edmund Hallock (shown below) in 1837.
The Suffolk Club (now Southaven County Park) is formed by Daniel Webster, Martin Van Buren and others. The property is first leased then purchased from the Carman Family and utilized as a private hunting and fishing preserve located just north of the "goin-over" (wooden bridge over the Carmans or Conneticut river) and running to the area known as Yaphank.
Floyd-Murray House (aka the Petty House), located on the north side of
Montauk Hwy, at the Southport Shopping Center, is recognied as an area
residence that provided shelter for William Floyd Estate workers. In
July of 2012 the house was declared a landmark by the Town of
Brookhaven. Efforts are being made to have NYS and the federal govt recognize the house as a landmark.
first one room school opened in Moriches on the North side of what is
now Montauk Hwy, just one mile east of the Forge River. Later, in 1884
a second schoolhouse replaced the original (Rita Rech).
||The Roberts Family, in-laws of
the Smiths, take ownership of the Richard Floyd Pattersquas estate with
the drafting of a formal deed which is held privately and not filed
until the year 1883.
moves in with daughter Catherine Floyd in the Nicoll Floyd homestead
located just north of the William Floyd Estate (old Mastic house). This
was just 10 years prior to his death in 1851. The homestead, called "Taupeonk", was located just south of Moss Lots. Currently a private residence.
||John Gelston Floyd, grandson of Colonel William Floyd, returns to Mastic to run the William
Floyd Estate and also serving as a Suffolk County Judge and New York
Senator. By 1854, he had already begun selling off parts of land
holdings surrounding the estate grounds.
||Moriches Life Saving Station
established, one of three on Fire Island in this area (see entries for
1871 and 1872). These stations were built to make water rescues when
ships ran aground in the surf or off shore. This station served until
1954. The photo below is the "SS Oregon" which went down off Fire
Island in 1886.
||The Great Fire of 1862 started in Smithtown, burned south to the Moriches Bay, and caused severe damage to local area property.
||Forge River Life Saving Station
established on Fire Island opposite the mouth of the Forge River.
Existed until 1948. The ship the Charlie Hickman ran aground in 1884
one half mile east of this life saving station. The rescues were
handled by all three life saving stations.
||Smith Point Life Saving Station
established on Fire Island opposite Smith Point. Existed until 1937.
The photo below is the "Bessie White" which ran aground off Smith point
in the 1922. The Smith Point Station was not in service at this time.
The crew managed to launch life boats and were able to make it to shore.
large and extravagant estate known as "Moss Lots" is built by William
Buck Dana for his wife Kitty Floyd Dana. William Dana was a lawyer and
instrumental in dividing up the Floyd Property among his five children. The estate was located in the
section now known as Old Mastic (east end of Riverside Dr. and the southern end of Ocean View Dr.) and given historic status by the Town
August Floyd homestead established...located in the Ospey Point area (end of Wavecrest Dr., Mastic Beach)
South Side Railroad (now the
LIRR) comes to Mastic with a station put in on the east side of Mastic
Road and remained there until 1960 when the station was moved to
Shirley. You can see how stuned the trees are in the background, the
result of the great fire of 1862.
October 9th, Walter T. Shirley, real estate developer, is born in
Brooklyn, New York. Later, in the 1930's, he would develop the
community of Shirley, L.I., named after himself.
Frank and Hannah Lawrence buy 225 acres located in Mastic Beach between Pattersquas and Odells creek, which became known as the Lawrence Estate.
||Tolfree Estate (Island View
Manor), built by Fred J. Quimby as a spec house for his ill fated
Tangier development. It was used by a Rose Quinby until the early
1920's when the Smiths repossessed the land they sold to Quinby's
Tangier Manor Corporation. It was soon resold in 1922 to Edward and
Aline Tolfree. The estate was purchased by the Cutro Family after World
War II and used as a night club where such celebrities as Tony Bennet
(pictured below) would appear in the early 1950s
Real Estate investor/developer Fred Quinby has first wooden Tangier Bridge built to cross from Smith Point to Fire Island
||Author Henry Lanier purchased the Richard Floyd Estate also known as Pattersquas and "Doctors Point".
Henry was the son of poet Sydney Lanier and the first person outside
the Floyd and Robert's families to own the Pattersquas estate.
Knapp buys property from the Lawrence Family that would become known as
the Knapp Estate and Mansion. The estate was located south of
Neighborhood Rd and east of Pattersquash Creek in Mastic Beach. It
would later be purchased by St. Jude's church in 1950, destroyed by fire
||The Third Unit of the Aerial Coast Patrol was established at the Knapp Estate in Mastic Beach.
Camp Upton, pictured below, was built in 1917 as an induction and training facility for new soldiers who were to fight in World War I. The camp was named after Major General Emory Upton, a Union General in the Civil War. In 1944, Camp upton was used as a hospital to treat wounded veterans of the war. It also served as a Prisoner of War Camp, when in May of 1945, 500 German prisoners were sent to Camp Upton.
||Walter T. Shirley is stationed
at Camp Upton during World War I, and gets his first glimpse of the
land he would later purchase and develop.
Joseph Allen Titmus and Josiah Smith Robert established the "Swift Stream Duck Farm" on both sides of the Forge River in Mastic and Moriches.
||Jurgeliewicz Family Duck farm on Barnes Road is established, one of several duck farms in the area.
||Radio broadcasting takes off and
a transmitter is stationed at Radio Point in Moriches. The golden age
of radio, circa the 1920s, brought an early radio station to the east
end of Smith Street in East Moriches. Run by the Independence Wireless
Co., the station housed a spark transmitter used to communicated with
ships off shore.
....Newsday, February 22, 1988
Anson W. Hard purchased the outstanding shares in the Suffolk Club (now Southaven Park) from the other members, and used the property as a private estate. After WW I, Anson's son Kenneth established a hunting and fishing lodge, known as the Suffolk Lodge Game Preserve. It later became Suffolk County's first public park, Southaven County Park. Anson Hard pictured below fishing in the Carman's River on the Hard Estate, circa 1925..courtesy of SouthavenBrookhaven.org
Moriches Grammar School established (currently known as the Little Red School House). Elementary school students from our area attended this first multiroom school. High School students would attend the Center Moriches High School.
||Mastic Park from Montauk Highway to the bay developed by Arthur and Warren Smedback and the Brooklyn Citizen.
Mastic Park General Store & Post Office is built. Originally owned by the Napolitano family, it would later be sold to Hans Anderson and then to Walter McLeans. The business would later be known as "McLeans Market" in the 50s and 60s. Building still remains as a spanish market and is located at corner of Herkimer St. and Montauk Highway.
Smith Point Beach used for several desert films. Desert movies were made wildly popular in the 1920s. by Rudolf Valentino's portrayal of The Sheik (1921) & sequel Son of the Sheik (1926). The 1910 bridge's construction that allowed cameras, camels and crew to cross the narrow bay, was supervised by local resident Michael Gillispie of Tangier (now Shirley) for Quinby's Tangier Development Company. According to historian Van Field, it was mainly the movie companies who kept repairing the bridge when it would get torn up by winter ice ....Ken Spooner
||Texaco Gas Station owned by Lewis Parr opens (now Mastic Liquors).
||Mastic Fire Department
established. It was organized by Russell Ferrer, Anthony Tebbens,
Harold Lukert, Joseph Titmus and Thomas Eyton-Jones (1st Chief, in
photo with white hat).
||Brooklyn Citizen purchases the J.B. Lawrence estate and it's subdivided into lots for sale to the public.
Beach Property Owners (MBPOA) Clubhouse was built by Arthur Tebbins. In
1928, Mortimer Wahl became the first President of the MBPOA.
The 15 room Mastic Beach Hotel is built just behind the MBPO Clubhouse by Paul Schulte.
The Smadback Brothers purchase the Pattersquas Estate and property from Josephine Lanier.
Tangier Bridge destroyed by ice flows. Hedges Hotel pictured across the bay, was destroyed in the 1938 hurricane.
|1928||Mortimer Wahl became the 1st President of the MBPOA.|
||Home Guardian sells the Pattersquas Mansion to Playwright John Howard Lawson.
Tombstones in the Lane Family Cemetery, located on the north side of Montauk Hwy at Titmus Drive in Mastic, are moved to the Mount Pleasant Cemetery in East Moriches. The exact spot where the Lane Cemetery was located is still being investigated.
||Paul Schulte's Tavern opens with
the end of prohibition and is situated along side his corner market.
The tavern itself is a converted barn from the Knapp Estate.
||Mastic Beach Fire Department is established, and headed by Jules Jacobs.
||St. Andrew's Church is established in Mastic Beach.
||Brookhaven Town Police
established with a 4th precinct office located in Center Moriches and patrolled the Mastic Peninsula.
Their service ended in 1959 with the establishment of the Suffolk
County Police Department in 1960.
||The 2nd General Woodhull
homestead is torn down on Memorial Day by Willie Schluder. Some of the
wood would be used in construction of a home in the Hamptons.
The Hurricane of 1938 causes massive flooding, death and destruction to the Mastic-Shirley area.
Successful Investment Banker Maurice Wertheim purchases 1800 acres of property straddling the Carmens River as a private hunting reserve and for waterfowl conservation. He calls the property "Stealaway" (now known as the Wertheim National Wildlife Refuge).
J.F. Knapp sells his estate to Home Guardian thereby allowing the Neighborhood Road (originally called Birch Road) to connect the East and West parts of Mastic Beach. The sections sold by Knapp would be listed as 9 and 10. ...Ken Spooner
||The Mastic Beach Property Owners
Association (MBPOA) is formerly established on July 30th. A deed was
filed by the Home Guardian Company and the MBPOA giving over
ownership of all land assets for $1.
||The area of "Tangiers" (later becomes Shirley) is divided
into quarter acre plots and sold as Summer retreats for the working
classes of New York City. Mastic Beach already has over 1000 property
owners and a Summer population of over 4000 residents. By 1950, Walter
T. Shirley had owned more than 1000 acres of property.
||Mastic Flight Strip (now
Brookhaven-Calabro Airport) built to provide logistical support for the
U.S. Army Corp. Title of the airport was transferred to New York State
after the war. In 1961 the airport was acquired by the Town of
Brookhaven. It was later renamed in honor of Dr. Frank Calabro, an
important figure in the airport's development. Dr. Calabro and his wife Ruth were tragically killed in a plane crash in 1991.
||Mastic Atheletic Club (aka
MACs). The first organized baseball club in the Mastics. Founded by
Ernest Stanzoni (kneeling on left). The team played in The Western
Suffolk Baseball League. (note: Carl Yazstremski played in that league
before going on to the Boston Red Sox.)
||The Arthur H. Clune American Legion Post 1533 was formed. Named
for Arthur H. Clune, a decorated WWII veteran who was killed at the age
of 24 or 25 in an MVA on Mastic Beach Rd. just north of the legion
clubhouse. The first commander of the legion was George Barnes Sr.
Dr. Frank Calabro purchases the Pattersquas Estate Mansion (originally the estate of Richard Floyd) and turns it into the Bayview Hospital.
Pat Messinetti and Mike Dipierro's Texaco gas station built at five corners intersection in Mastic Beach.
||Maurice Wertheim donates
approximately 2000 acres to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The
property becomes the Wertheim National Wildlife Refuge.
Joseph Allen Titmus, a prominent area resident, dies on August 27th. Joseph A.
Titmus, aged 57, a trustee of Brookhaven town and recent Republican nominee for a
post on the Board of assessors. Born in New York he moved over 40 years ago to
Mastic where he was engaged in duck raising. He was a partner in the Swift Stream
farms, Inc., Moriches.
||St. Jude's Roman Catholic Church is established in Mastic Beach.
||William Floyd School opened
on Lexington Rd. in Shirley on Land donated to the school district by
Walter T. Shirley. 401 students K thru 8 attended. The building became
the Jr. and Sr. High School in 1960 after the opening of the Nathaniel
Woodhull Elementary School.
||Shirley Drive-In (pictured
below) opens. It was located at the commercial property now called
SouthPort shopping center. Prior to the development of the Drive-In by
Walter T. Shirley, it was used as a horse training facility with a track and
||Mastic Beach Hebrew Center established.
||Carman's Mill torn down to make way for the Sunrise Highway extension. Located just below the mill pond at Southaven Park.
Yuma Athletic Club founded. When Mike Figluizzi, the founder of the Yuma Athletic Club, was growing up in New York City in the 1930's and 40's, a group of local men provided him and his friends with baseballs and bats so they could play, and possibly stay out of trouble. During that time one of the men went on a trip to Yuma, AZ. Mike never forgot the generosity of those men and decided Yuma was a fitting name for the athletic club he was starting to honor the memory of the men who were so generous.
||The Knapp Manion burns to the ground in February of 1959.
Smith Point Bridge officially opened on July 4th.
||On January 1st the new Suffolk
County Police Department was formed and covered the 6 western townships
of Suffolk County including the Town of Brookhaven. Police protection
in this area was previously provided by the Brookhaven Town Police,
which was dissolved in 1959.
Nathaniel Woodhull Elementary School opened on Francis Landau Place in Shirley.
||The Mastic Sports Club was
founded in 1961 by Fred Wesemann and Chuck Zeigler. The club still
provides exposure to baseball and other sports for hundreds of local
||Smith Point County Park opens on Fire Island.
Fire Island National Seashore was established as a unit of the National Park Service on September 11, 1964. Fire Island National Seashore (FINS) is a United States National Seashore that protects a 26-mile section of Fire Island, an approximately 30 mile long barrier island separated from Long Island by the Great South Bay. The island is part of New York State's Suffolk County.
||The William Floyd Estate is
authorized to become an addition to the Fire Island National Seashore.
The estate contains the ancestral house, grounds, and cemetery of the
William Floyd family. William Floyd, a Revolutionary War General, and a
signer of the Declaration of Independence, was born in the house in
||The new William Floyd High
School opened on Mastic Beach Rd. in Mastic Beach. The original high
school on Lexington Rd. became the William Floyd Elementary School.
||Moss Lots, a large and
extravagant home on the Dana Estate property, now called Old Mastic,
burns to the ground on September 5th of that year.
||The Mastics - Moriches - Shirley Community Library is established.
||Tangier Smith Elementary
and Moriches Elementary Schools opened. Tangier Smith is located in the
school complex south of the high school. Moriches Elementary is on
Montauk Hwy. in Moriches behind the Little Red School House (Moriches
||William Paca Middle School opened in the school complex between the high school and the Tangier Smith Elementary School.
||John S. Hobart Elementary
School opened on Meadowmere Ave. in Shirley on property just East and
South of the original high school.
||Old Mastic receives Historic District designation from the Town of Brookhaven.
||The Bayview Hospital (Richard Floyd Estate) is destroyed by arson in February.
||On July 17th, at approximately
8:45 p.m., TWA Flight 800 while in route to France with 230 passengers on board, explodes over the Atlantic a few miles off
the coast of the Moriches Bay Communities. An extensive investigation ensued.
||The new 7th Precinct of the
Suffolk County Police Department is established on the East End of
Brookhaven Town. This area had originally been part of the 5th Precinct
located in Patchogue. The Precinct is located in North Shirley just off
the William Floyd Parkway.
The new war memorial is installed. Located on Montauk Highway near Herkimer Street intersection. Plaques at ground level memorialize the three Mastic residents that died in battle.
||The Mastic Peninsula Historical Society founded by Rita Rech with the help of Edward Romaine.
A large addition to the William Floyd High School opens, deemed necessary due to the large increases in the student population.
||The William Floyd Middle
School opened on Moriches Middle Island Rd in Moriches. It was built as
a secondary Middle School for students grades 6 thru 8.
||TWA Flight 800 Memorial at Smith Point County Park beach opens to the public on July 4th.
at William Floyd High School is dedicated on May 10th, in honor of
Leslie Bernstein, Thomas Wilwerth, and Paulo Marko Pacificador, former
students at William Floyd.
||Montauk Highway Project is started in April
to enhance traffic flow, reduce gridlock and improve safety along a
nearly two-mile stretch of Montauk Highway between Shirley and
Mastic. The project ran from William Floyd Parkway to just east
of Mastic Rd. in Mastic. New curbs and sidewalks on both sides of the
roadway were part of the project and trees were also planted along the
entire length. The project took almost two years to complete.
||Mastic Beach becomes an incorporated village.
||Jurgeliewicz Duck Farm closes in August, the last of what was once a strong and thriving industry for the area.
Tropical Storm Irene travels over Long Island on August 29th and causes major wind and flood damage to the tri-hamlet area.
||Tropical Storm Sandy causes severe flood damage and destruction to homes across the tri-hamlet area.
Floyd-Murray House receives historic landmark status from the Town of Brookhaven.
||Wood from General Woodhull's
home which was sent to the Hamptons (see 1938 entry) was returned to
the Village of Mastic Beach to be reused in a visitor's center.
William Floyd Statue Dedication at the new Tri-Hamlet Village Square on December 13th. The Statue was originally located at the Mastics - Moriches - Shirley Community Library at the front
north west corner facing Roberts Road. Originally designed and built by local resident Santo Matarazzo (1928-2008).
|2015||Suffolk County and the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) purchase, rehabilitate and preserve 62 wetlands parcels along the shores of Mastic Beach.|
|2016||Mastic Beach votes to dissolve village in November elections|
of Mastic Beach officially closes its doors on Friday, December 29th
after an earlier election was held to dissolve the municipality.|
AMF Shirley Lanes bowling facility closes in August.
Beach Volunteer Ambulance Company opens new 9.5 million facillity on
Neighborhood Rd. A ribbon cutting ceremony was held in September with
operations starting in October|
|2019||Voters approve new Mastic - Shirley Sewer District referendum. |
Mastics - Moriches - Shirley Library announces purchase of the Mastic Beach Village faciility located on Neighborhood Rd during the month of May, with plans to operate a branch library,
Copywrite 2013 by the Mastic Peninsula Historical Society
Brad Shupe, MMSCL*/MPHS**
Brad Shupe, MMSCL/MPHS
Richard Oldham, MPHS
* Mastics Moriches Shirley Community Library
** Mastic Peninsula Historical Society
Special Thanks to the following people/organizations:
· Ken Spooner
· Marty Van Lith
· Southaven Historical Society
· Mastics – Moriches – Shirley Community Library
· Suffolk County Historical Society
· Brookhaven Free Library
All content provided on this Community Timeline page is for informational purposes only. The Mastic Peninsula Historical Society will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The MPHS will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.HOME - Back to www.mphistorical.org